ATTRACTION OF THE WEEK - SKYPOINT CLIMB AND SKYPOINT OBSERVATION DECK
Gold Coast is Famous for fun!!!
Each week we will be previewing an attraction on the Gold Coast and this week we will be previewing the RECENTLY OPENED SKYPOINT CLIMB and the SKYPOINT OBSERVATION DECK
SKY POINT CLIMB:
SkyPoint Climb is Australia's highest external building walk. With breathtaking 360 degree views of the Gold Coast region, SkyPoint Climb is a must-do attraction.
Picture: Main Beach Tourist Park Managers Kim and Paul Turner were one of the first to experience this awesome new attraction and we had an absolutely amazing time - the view is truly breathtaking and this is one experience which we would very highly recommend. After our walk we had dinner at the Observation Deck which was very nice and relaxing - admission to the Observation Deck is included in the package as well as a cap and group photo.
- SkyPoint Climb is Australia's highest external building walk.
- The entire Climb experience lasts 90 minutes from beginning to end.
- SkyPoint has one of Australia's fastest elevators taking you from ground to Level 77 (SkyPoint Observation Deck) in 42.7 seconds, where you will begin the Climb.
- Once outside, close to 298 stairs will guide climbers up to the summit.
- The Q1 Spire located at the summit is one of the world's longest at 97.7m. It commences at level 75, is made up of 12 sections and weighs 87.2 tonnes.
- The Q1 Building itself, is taller than the Chrysler building in New York City, and is structurally the 25th tallest building in the world at 322.5 metres high!
- SkyPoint is Australia's only beachside Observation Deck and a great place to relax after completing the Climb. Friends and family can watch their loved ones on SkyPoint Climb through the glass roof panel.
The adventure begins with a safety briefing at SkyPoint Climb Mission Control (ground floor) before you are fitted with a specially designed Climb Suit and full body harness.
You'll then make your way to the launch platform on level 77 via SkyPoint's high speed elevator (one of Australia's fastest) where you'll enter a fully enclosed glass airlock, your gateway to outside the building. A short step ladder will position you 240 meters above street level and from here you will climb to the summit!
The summit of the Climb is approximately 30 metres from here and up a stairway. Harnessed to a purpose-built safety rail system, you'll be guided up the walkway and enjoy unparalleled views of the Gold Coast as our expert Climb Leader points out the city's geographical, historical and cultural landmarks.
Enjoy the security of an internal hand rail that guides you up to the massive spire, or if you are a little daring, you can walk along the edge of the stairs, experiencing the thrill of a 270 metre sheer vertical drop.Once you reach the summit, Climbers will continue to soak in the 360 degree views and have their photo taken both as a group and as individuals. Here is a great opportunity to speak with your Climb Leader about the region before you descend back down to the SkyPoint Observation Deck. After your exhilarating adventure, celebrate your Climb achievement with friends and family who will be able to witness your climb journey through the glass ceiling inside SkyPoint Observation Deck.
Picture: Awesome view from the Obervation Deck
Call us today 1300 672 720 to book a site or villa so you can experience the SkyPoint Climb or Observation Deck. We have fantastic specials available on both sites and villa's for February and March.
We can book your SkyPoint experience during your stay or in advance of your arrival if you prefer.